Pest Bird Control in the Macon, Columbus, and South Georgia Areas
Rid-A-Critter provides pest and nuisance bird control and exclusion throughout the Macon, Columbus, and South Georgia areas.
There are many species of birds that occasionally make nuisances of themselves, but only three of them (pigeons, sparrows and starlings) are officially considered "pest birds that can be exterminated."
Other birds that occasionally make themselves unwelcome are considered "nuisance wildlife" and can only be controlled by non-lethal removal and exclusion (and even that is subject to some limitations).
Like other pests and nuisance animals, birds become a problem when they're in a place where they don't belong and where they're causing some sort of health or safety hazard, property damage, or annoyance.
Health and Safety Risks Associated with Birds.
Pest and nuisance birds can cause many problems. For example:
- Bird droppings contain pathogens than can cause diseases including histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, and avian flu.
- Birds also have parasites that can transmit diseases to humans, pets, or livestock.
- Bird feathers can clog cooling systems and cause equipment like generators and transformers to overheat.
- Bird nests inside buildings can catch fire.
- Bird droppings can deface buildings, statues, automobiles, and clothing.
- The corrosive effects of bird droppings can damage roofs, sidewalks, vehicles, and equipment.
- Birds around airports create a hazard to air travel.
Nuisance Bird Removal and Control
Rid-A-Critter solved the bird problem at a radar tower at Hartfield-Jackson International Airport (KATL).
Rid-A-Critter provides professional nuisance and pest bird removal and bird-proofing services to customers ranging from homes to power plants, airports, and other large commercial and industrial facilities. We have the experience, know-how, and equipment to handle any bird control job.
Our approach to bird control consists of the following steps:
- A thorough inspection to determine the extent of the bird problem, species involved, and how they're getting in and out.
- Humane removal of existing birds.
- Repair of ingress points and/or installation of netting, screens, spikes, or other exclusion or repellent equipment.
- Clean-up of bird droppings, feathers, and other filth.
- Sanitizing of the area and insecticide application to kill displaced parasites, if needed.
- Optionally and if needed, replacement of contaminated insulation.
- Also optionally, we can install Dry Under Decks, a system that helps you reclaim the area under elevated exterior decks by channeling away rain water and making the area under the deck usable.
Bird Control Gallery
Here are some pictures of bird removal and bird-proofing jobs we've done in the Macon, Columbus, and South Georgia areas.
Please contact us for more information about our bird removal and bird-proofing services. We look forward to your call.
The Macon, Georgia office of Rid-A-Critter provides non-toxic bird control in the Macon, Columbus, and South Georgia areas, including Adel, Albany, Americus, Barnesville, Byron, Camilla, Centerville, Columbus, Cordele, Culloden, Cuthbert, Dawson, Eastman, Fitzgerald, Forsyth, Fort Valley, Gray, Griffin, Hawkinsville, Jackson, Juliette, Kathleen, Milledgeville, Moultrie, Perry, Roberta, Sylvester, Thomaston, Thomasville, Tifton, Valdosta, Warner Robins, Yatesville, and Zebulon. We are fully licensed and insured.
#bird #control #macon #georgia